Shift Swapping is now available in WorkZone
Further to our release of Shift Swapping, employees are now able to swap and/or receive swapped shifts through WorkZone. What employees are able to do via the employee portal can now be done on mobile and, thus, on the go!
Process of swapping shifts in WorkZone
- Employee (Ashley) receives shift details and can choose to swap the shift by tapping "Swap shift":
- Ashley selects an employee (Laura) to swap the shift with, enters a note that will be viewed by Laura and taps "Submit":
- Laura can see there is a pending shift swap from Ashley waiting to be actioned:
- Laura taps on the shift to view all the shift details and Ashley's reason for the swap:
- Laura can then accept or decline the shift swap. Laura accepts by tapping "Accept" and then "Yes, accept":
- Ashley is notified immediately that Laura has accepted the shift swap.
- Where manager approval is required for a shift swap, the shift status will display for Laura as follows:
- When the manager approves or rejects the shift swap, both employees will be notified of the decision and the roster will be updated accordingly.
That's it! Pretty simple right? If only all decisions could be made this easily!
N.B. It goes without saying that this feature will only be made available to employees in WorkZone if the shift swapping feature is enabled in the business's Rostering settings.
Simplify rostering processes for yourself and your employees by getting your employees to download WorkZone immediately:
Employees already using WorkZone will need to update to the latest version to access these new features. N.B. This is not required if the employee has enabled automatic updates.