ABA files in KeyPay
An ABA file is a file that is used by all major Australian financial institutions to specify payments to be made from one bank account to one or more bank accounts.
The most common way for employers to pay employees in KeyPay is via an ABA file which is automatically generated by their payroll software. Once you have your ABA file, it’s usually a simple matter of uploading it to your business internet banking portal and authorising the payments.
Setting up KeyPay to generate an ABA file
Before you can generate an ABA file in KeyPay, you need to first setup the ABA settings for your business using the following steps:
1. From the “Business –> Settings” menu, select “ABA Settings”
2. Click “Add” to create a new set of ABA settings for your business. KeyPay allows you to setup multiple bank accounts to pay employees from, but you only need to setup one account.
3. Once you’ve filled in the ABA details click “Save” and you will now be able to generate ABA files from within your pay runs.
What are each of the ABA settings for?
The table below provides more information on the purpose of each of the ABA settings:
Generating ABA files
You can generate ABA files within KeyPay using the following steps:
- After you have finalised a pay run, click the “Download ABA” button from the pay run actions bar
- If you only have one set of ABA setting, your ABA file will download automatically
- If you have multiple ABA settings you will be asked to select which ABA settings to use
- Once you’ve selected the correct ABA settings, click “Generate ABA”.
- KeyPay will remember which ABA settings you last used to generate your ABA file and will automatically select it for next time.